THE DIARY OF A LAWMAKER: MY ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK STARTING FROM MONDAY AUGUST 7TH - SATURDAY AUGUST 12TH, 2023 ~ HON. DR. COMFORTER ADENIYI-OLAJIDE, OYO LAWMAKER, IBADAN NORTH CONSTITUENCY 1

THE DIARY OF A LAWMAKER: MY ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK STARTING FROM MONDAY AUGUST 7TH - SATURDAY AUGUST 12TH, 2023 ~ HON. DR. COMFORTER ADENIYI-OLAJIDE, OYO LAWMAKER, IBADAN NORTH CONSTITUENCY 1

Published by Samuel Toba-Olumide


Dear Constituents, 

The previous week (July 31st to August 4th) wasn't filled with much activities due to the protest organized by the Labour Congress and we are thankful to His Excellency, the Executive Governor for his timely intervention which brought normalcy back to the State. 

This past week was a busy yet eventful one. The week began with Visits from State and Local Government Leaders and it ended with climax with the Swearing In of the New Executive Chairman of Ibadan North Local Government 

As usual, My Events will be arranged chronologically in ascending order and I hope you'll enjoy the trip as you follow me✍🏾✍🏾:

👉🏾 On Monday 7th August, 2023, we began the week by perfecting pending works from the Previous Week, we recharged ourselves for the busy week ahead. My team did a great work concerning this and we are currently working on a project which (I'll keep this as a secret for now😉) will be revealed in due course.

👉🏾 On Tuesday, 8th August 2023, the 10th Oyo Assembly had a sitting on issues which will bring about the Sustainable Development Programme as presided over by His Excellency, Engr Seyi Makinde and the deliberation was a successful one.


👉🏾 That Same Tuesday, 8th of August, I received my good brother who is the former Caretaker Chairman of ARE-LATOSA LCDA, Alhaji (Hon.) Kazeem Oshoniyi with his team in my office on a Congratulatory Visit. He is such a great Party Man who is committed to the OmiTuntun Mantra of GSM. Our discussion centred around how the progress of our dear local government, Ibadan North.




👉🏾 On Wednesday, August 9th, I received the freshly Minted Ibadan North Local Government PDP Chairmanship Candidate at the 2024 OYSIEC ELECTIONS, Hon. Oluwaseun OLUFADE ONALA in my office. He paid a Courtesy Visit and he discussed at length the 'goodies' he has in store for the good people of Ibadan North if he is elected as the Executive Chairman of the Local Government Council. During his visit, the Honourable Councillor of my Ward, the Ward 5 of Ìbàdàn North Local Government, Hon. Kazeem Onatunji fondly referred to as EKU  also paid a Courtesy Visit.





👉🏾 On Thursday the 10th of August, 2023, The State House of Assembly had a sitting on pressing issues, Motions were moved concerning the Ìsèse Day meaning {A day of Culture and Tradition} (August 20th, 2023), which was proposed to the Executive Governor. 







👉🏾 That same Thursday, I received a GREAT VISITOR who is never a VISITOR The Vice Chairman of our Great Party in Ibadan North Local Government, Alh. Comrade S.A MUSTAPHA. This man is a great asset to our local government and Oyo State at large. He was the Director General of my Campaign Organization. He propelled the team to a successful Campaign which culminated into our Monumental Victory at the Polls. Our meeting was more like a Reunion and he reminded me (which I didn't forget of course) of our commitment to ensuring that our Constituency be ably represented. During his visit, the Leader of the House in Ibadan North, Hon. Akindele Olaolu came visiting, accompanied by one of our Coordinators, Mr. Yááyì Yusuf.






👉🏾That Same Thursday, I was invited as MOTHER OF THE DAY at the 30th Anniversary and Valedictory Service of IRETI-OLU GROUP OF SCHOOLS, YEMETU ALAADORIN, IBADAN. The school is sited within Ward 3 of Ibadan North which is one of the Wards I am currently representing at the Assembly. Since we had a Sitting at the House, I was duly and ably represented by my brother, Hon. (Mógàjí) Samuel Toba-Olumide.







👉🏾 On Friday 11th of August, 2023, we were present as the new Executive Chairman of Ibadan North Local Government, Hon. Waheed Akanbi BIIRO was sworn in with PDP Party Leaders and Career Officers all present. 













👉🏾 Later in the afternoon, Ward 6 Leaders and Stakeholders paid me a courtesy Visit in my office. Ward 6 is also one of the wards within the Constituency I represent at the State House of Assembly. We discussed the progress of the Ward and I reiterated my commitment to ensuring that the Dividends of Democracy be mete to the good people of my Constituency.







👉🏾 That same Friday (Yes it was such a busy day), the Incoming Chairman of Ibadan North Local Government by God's Grace, Our Party Candidate at the 2024 OYSIEC ELECTIONS, Hon Seun OLUFADE ONALA visited my Ward, the Ward 5 on a 'Thank You' Visit as he had done to Other Wards in the local government. He came and appreciated the support he received at the Party's Primary Elections where he emerged as the Party's Flag Bearer. I was warmly welcome in my home Ward and I enjoyed every second spent there. It was such a joyous HomeComing. 

A Cross Section of GIANTS during my Homecoming with Hon. Seun OLUFADE. I'm sandwiched in between the incoming Chairman and my Powerful Women Leader, Hon. Julian Nwachukwu 






👉🏾 FINALLY on Saturday 12th August 2023, the International Youth Day was observed throughout the World and I dropped a message, encouraging Youths to embrace Information Technology because that is what thrives at this age. Any business or 'hustle' laced with ICT tends to grow at a fast rate. 

Till I come back next week, I remain:

Hon. Dr. Olufunke Comforter Adeniyi-Olajide

Member, Oyo State House of Assembly

Ibadan North Constituency 1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: KINGMAKERS NOMINATE OLAKULEHIN AS NEXT OLUBADAN

BREAKING: PDP NATIONAL DELEGATE, ENGR. AJUWON DIES

BREAKING: HON COMFORTER STANDS TALL AS SHE EMERGES CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEE ON WOMEN AFFAIRS AND IN 7 OTHER COMMITTEES