ADIEU AUNTY TINA: MRS TOYIN BALOGUN, OMITUNTUN 2.0 DIRECTOR OF WOMEN MOBILIZATION EULOGIZES OYO HA'S SPEAKER'S LATE MUM

Published by Samuel Toba-Olumide




AN ANGEL JUST LEFT EARTH

By Hon. Toyin Balogun 

Please pardon the uncharacteristic lack of cohesion in my words,still in shock. My heart is heavy, my thoughts an inchoate, chaotic, jumbled mess.



I Still asked after Aunty Tina's welfare from my aburo. Rt. Hon. Debo Ogundoyin 2 days ago when we went out with His Excellency and he assured me she was fine now hence my disbelief when I got the shocker that she was gone.


I Received the shocking news while at an event yesterday evening, it was a huge struggle to tamp down my grief.

It wasn't supposed to end like this, we had so many plans, but God knows best and no one can dares question Him.

Aunty Tina was an angel in human form. Despite her flaws like the rest of us, she was a kind soul, beautiful inside even more so than she was on the outside

She wore her heart on her sleeve,so much so that at any time you knew where you stood with her; She didn't have time for pretence, gossiping or backbiting which are the flaws endemic in many women. She was a straight shooter, blunt to a fault. If Aunty Tina had issues with you, she expressed her mind and moved on and she was also quick to apologize if she hurt or wronged you in any way.

She was a champion for the rights of women and one of my biggest cheerleaders. She always told me: "Toyin, woo, mo wa leyin e bi ike, anytime you need my support in any form, sa pe mi". We had even been planning how colourful the attires of our women would be at the swearing in event for His Excellency's 2nd term before things turned awry.

She was a good mother first and foremost, one who lived and died in order for her children to live their best lives



Abiyamo tooto ni Tina!

I First met Aunty Tina about 21 years ago when I started my first job in the industry and since then,she's been a big sis,a shoulder to lean on and one of my biggest and most sincere cheer leaders that I could always count on.

We shared several nexūs which made us understandably close: shared passion for advocacy for women, very enterprising, hardworking and self motivated, no time for pettiness, blunt and both dyed in the wool GSMists; She loved and supported His Excellency like he was her blood brother.

She and and I mapped out and executed several outreaches to different groups (Liquor Sellers Association of Oyo State with membership strength of over 6,000 statewide of which she was the Patroness, market women amongst others) to drum up support for the 2nd term bid of my Principal, Governor Seyi Makinde.

My prayer is for God in His infinite mercy to overlook her shortcomings, grant her eternal rest in His bosom and also grant her kids and family left behind the fortitude to bear an irreparable loss.


Adieu Aunty Tina,rest on till we meet to part no more


Signed:

Mrs Toyin BALOGUN (27/03/2023)


Packaged By:

BISHOPWEE MEDIA;

BISHOPWEE MEDIA HOUSE, OPP. ISLAMIC MISSIONS SCHOOLS, ODOYE, OLD ADEOYO ROAD, IBADAN

For Advert & Sponsorship:

+2348167421243 (WhatsApp & Text Message)

Bishopwee@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: KINGMAKERS NOMINATE OLAKULEHIN AS NEXT OLUBADAN

BREAKING: PDP NATIONAL DELEGATE, ENGR. AJUWON DIES

BREAKING: HON COMFORTER STANDS TALL AS SHE EMERGES CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEE ON WOMEN AFFAIRS AND IN 7 OTHER COMMITTEES