THE DIARY OF A LAWMAKER - MY ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK STARTING FROM MONDAY, AUGUST 14TH 2023 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 18TH, 2023 ~ HON. DR. COMFORTER ADENIYI-OLAJIDE, OYO LAWMAKER, IBADAN NORTH CONSTITUENCY 1

THE DIARY OF A LAWMAKER - MY ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK STARTING FROM MONDAY, AUGUST 14TH 2023 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 18TH, 2023 ~ HON. DR. COMFORTER ADENIYI-OLAJIDE, OYO LAWMAKER, IBADAN NORTH CONSTITUENCY 1

Published by Samuel Toba-Olumide

Dear Constituents,

I hope you enjoyed our journey last time out. I made it a duty upon myself to be accountable to the good people who voted me into office and I stand by my pledge to carry you along in the day to day activity. This diary is the easiest way to communicate with you and I hope you are not bored with the positive news I love to share with you.

This past week was a busy yet eventful one as usual. The week began with Visits from my Local Government Excos and it ended on positive note with Huge Celebrations for our State Youth Leader, Hon. Micheal Ogunsina and the indefatigable Prince Adebowale 

Just like we do it every week, My Events will be arranged chronologically in ascending order and I hope you'll enjoy the Odyssey as you follow me✍🏾✍🏾:

πŸ‘‰πŸΎ On Monday 14th of August, my office received the Local Government Executive Committee Members of our Great Party, PDP, led by the Indefatigable Vice Chairman who also was my Campaign DG, Comrade S. Ademuyiwa Mustapha in the stead of our Great Party Chairman, PRINCE SEUN MOROUNFOLU ADELORE who was unavoidably absent. It was a Congratulatory Visit laced with strategic meeting which is needed in pushing forward our dear local government both in politics and governance. Yes, they came bearing gifts which I really appreciate. Yes, Truly, EgbΓ© lΓ³ bΓ­ Ìjoba. I was grateful for the advice given and I once again pledged my loyalty and allegiance to giving good representation to the Constituency as a whole and the arm which I rode upon to victory, the People's Democratic Party.










πŸ‘‰πŸΎ That Same Monday, the Ibadan North PDP Women Leader, Hon. Julian Nwachukwu led All the Wards Women Leaders in Ibadan North to my humble office. You should know why I was really excited with this visit especially (Your guess is as good as mine) - I am a Proud WOMAN and here are the women leaders of my local government right before me... We had the Women's Tete-a-Tete as I am an unapologetically PROUD WOMEN'S AMBASSADOR. Just like they did during the Campaign, their support is immense and can't be forgotten. I made them know that with God on my side, my representation will open ways for more women to be involved in Government.





πŸ‘‰πŸΎ On Tuesday, 15th August 2023, myself and my Honourable Colleague representing Ibadan North Constituency 2, the JAGABAN himself, Hon. Adebayo Babajide Gabriel had a brief meeting with the Ward's Chairmen of our Great party. The meeting was centred upon how the Elected and Appointees of our Local Government will enable huge prosperity for the inhabitants of Ibadan North by doing the needful in our immediate environment, thus bringing the dividends of democracy to the doorstep of our Great Local Government.




πŸ‘‰πŸΎ That Same Tuesday, my office received, with great appreciation, my former colleagues {Director (Operations) of ACCOS - Mr. OLADEJO and Deputy Director of Finance/Account - Mr. OKEDELE} at the AGRIC CREDIT COOPERATIVE OF OYO STATE (ACCOS), where I was a Board Member as appointed by His Excellency, Engr Seyi Makinde during OmiTuntun 1.0. They also came on a Congratulatory Visit and our discussion was a fruitful one.




πŸ‘‰πŸΎ Wednesday 16th of August came without much work. If you checked last week's Diary, in the introduction, I 'mentioned' something big which is coming through my office to my beloved Constituency. Of course I know I haven't mentioned it but, it's coming up soon and I'll reveal it in due course. Myself and my team went ahead and made adequate preparations toward making THAT a huge success.

Pictures? I'll keep that for now 😊

πŸ‘‰πŸΎπŸ‘‰πŸΎ I know what you were thinking. You were wondering if truly a day will less busy for an Honourable 😊, well you're absolutely right coz earlier on Wednesday, the State Honourables followed the Governor's Convoy to the 8th day Firdaus Prayer & the Reception Programme and Party of the late Mother of our beloved Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Dr. WASIU Olatunbosun. Dignitaries who made their presence felt at the party include the effervescent Otunba Seye Famojuro and his team, the State Honourables, Honourable Commissioners, Great Leaders of the Party, Political Appointees of class, Members of the G-18 (2022 OYO STATE PDP Female Aspirants and Candidates) and lots more. We paid our respect to the deceased and we prayed that the Almighty grant the repose of her soul. Amen.






πŸ‘‰πŸΎ On Thursday, 17th of August 2023, the Lawmakers had a Sitting Session which was centred on the appointments of State Honourables to their respective Committees which they either headed or a member of. I was privileged and honoured to be appointed into EIGHT DIFFERENT COMMITTEES via announcement by the Right Honourable Speaker of the House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Adebo Edward Ogundoyin. Yes I was humbled, yet flabbergasted and overwhelmed at the announcement and I do not take such honour for granted. It is a call for me to do more for the society and I will not disappoint the hands and head that trusted me thus. Now I can read your mind, you want me to name the Committees I'm in? I shall do that now😊

* CHAIRMAN, COMMITTEE ON WOMEN AFFAIRS AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.  

* VICE CHAIRMAN, COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE AND COOPERATIVE.

* MEMBER, COMMITTEE ON RULES AND BUSINESS;

* MEMBER, COMMITTEE ON LAND, HOUSING AND SURVEY;

* MEMBER, COMMITTEE ON CULTURE AND TOURISM; 

* MEMBER, COMMITTEE ON AGRIC AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT;

* MEMBER, COMMITTEE ON HEALTH;

* MEMBER, COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN RELATIONS.



πŸ‘‰πŸΎ That Same Thursday, the clerk of the House of Assembly, Mrs Yetunde Awe clocked another year and we were able to celebrate her in our own little way. Many happy returns of the day.





πŸ‘‰πŸΎ On Friday, 18th of August, 2023, we joined State Leaders and Party Stakeholders at the Christening Ceremony of the recently born Baby Boy of the People's Democratic Party Oyo State Youth Leader who is also the Acting PUBLICITY SECRETARY of the party, HON. MICHEAL OGUNSINA and his beautiful Wife. It was a beautiful moment and we rejoiced with the latest Father and Mother in town. May the baby, father and mother be blessed greatly. Amen










πŸ‘‰πŸΎ We ended the week's Odyssey at the Surprise Birthday Party of my dear brother and an astute PDP Leader in my Local Government, Hon. Prince Adebowale FALANA who was a front runner at the recently concluded PDP Chairmanship Primary Elections. He magnanimously stepped down for the emergence of our Candidate, Hon. Seun Olufade ONALA. Prince Adebowale already has his name in the Ibadan North Local Government and Oyo State Political folklore and his relevance can't be under-estimated. State Leaders and Stakeholders trooped in to celebrate the man and we wished him many Happy RETURNS.









That's how our journey last week ended on a high. Did you see me rocking to that melodious music, it reminded me of the good old days (Yeah, I wanted you to smile). The new week will be more interesting, hopefully and by God's Grace, we would have made positive impacts via our genuine representation of the good people of Ibadan North Constituency 1 and Oyo State in General.

Till I come your way next week, I remain:

Hon. Dr. OLUFUNKE COMFORTER ADENIYI-OLAJIDE
Member, Oyo State House of Assembly,
Ibadan North Constituency 1.


Packaged By:

BISHOPWEE MEDIA;

BISHOPWEE MEDIA HOUSE, OPP. ISLAMIC MISSIONS SCHOOLS, ODOYE, OLD ADEOYO ROAD, IBADAN

For Advert & Sponsorship:

+2348167421243 (WhatsApp & Text Message)

Bishopwee@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: KINGMAKERS NOMINATE OLAKULEHIN AS NEXT OLUBADAN

BREAKING: PDP NATIONAL DELEGATE, ENGR. AJUWON DIES

BREAKING: HON COMFORTER STANDS TALL AS SHE EMERGES CHAIRMAN OF COMMITTEE ON WOMEN AFFAIRS AND IN 7 OTHER COMMITTEES